Thursday, September 29, 2016

IT'S AUTUMN!

There's been a faint feeling of autumn in the air, but tonight I just went out to check the mail and it was COOL outside!!  So I asked Alexa what the temperature was and when she said 71F I immediately ran around my apartment opening windows.  My thermostat is set at 79F but my apartment is filling with cool, sweet-smelling air and dispersing a summer's worth of cooking smells.

This week has busted my ass bigtime.  Take today for example:

7:00 am - Get up.
7:30 am - Make breakfast from scratch. (Omelet with bell pepper, onion and feta cheese.)
8:05 am - Walk out of house on way to bus.
8:30 am - Arrive on campus.
8:45 am - Let self into work, begin opening gallery.
1:00 pm - Leave work. 
1:05 pm - Eat lunch.
1:30 pm - Stop by library to pick up books.
2:20 pm - Class starts.
3:35 pm - Class ends.
3:50 pm - Class starts.
5:10 pm - Class ends.
5:20 pm - Meeting with semester project group that *I* am in charge of. (Seriously. How'd I get suckered into that?)
5:45 pm - Meeting over, take bus home.
6:10 pm - Cook dinner.  Eat.
6:45 pm - Develop GANTT chart for one semester project.
7:45 pm - Email group chart.  Divvy up proposal responsibilities.
8:00 pm - Download raw data for semester project.
8:10 pm - Wash dishes.  Practice vocal exercises while cleaning.
8:20 pm - Put insurance card in car. Check mail.

I am now writing this blog as a mental break.  I need to develop a second GANTT chart and mail that off to my project partner for my *other* semester project (that I am also lead on!).  I need to create a dropbox file for the database class group and upload sets of images to it (each of us gets a set to be responsible for until the end when we use our best model on the entire bunch).  I need to upload a bunch of ESRI stuff to my virtual machine.  I need to study for the two midterms I have on Thursday.  I need to write another page of my thesis (trying to do a page a day right now), and find a couple more sources.  I need to render a couple more artifacts for my thesis as well.  I need to send off my novel again, and write 100 more words of fiction.

I've started a new system where I do a small amount of big things every day.  The (at least) 100 words of fiction, sending off my novel daily, one page of thesis and a couple artifacts daily, and a couple other things are all part of it.  In one way it's awesome.  Because I'm really getting stuff done and it's in manageable chunks.  On the other hand, I have SO MUCH to do every day and I'm going a little crazy.  Right now I just want to sleep because I'm exhausted (was passing out in my later class...was literally pinching myself and pressing my nails into my arm so I would wake up), but if I sleep now that means there's a CRAP TON more I have to do tomorrow.

Tomorrow is going to suck anyway because on top of my regular shift at the downstairs gallery I picked up an evening shift too so I'm only going to leave campus around 8:00 pm (going to have to bike too, because the buses go once an hour, on the hour, at that time of night).  Fortunately my meal planning excel spreadsheet worked its magic, because I have two prepped meals ready to go in my fridge; once for when I get home at 3:30 for an hour or two to get some work done, and once for 8:20 when I get home exhausted and ready to cry myself to sleep because I'm so tired and I'll have missed a whole day of potential Luke Cage watching.

Ugh.  Back to the grind.  I'll do as much as I can, but when my body starts shutting down, tonight I'll just stop.  I didn't last night, and that's why today was so goddamn difficult!

No comments: