Sunday, February 9, 2014

Roku 2 and a terribly sore back

So I got myself a Roku 2 as a "Valentine's Day" present (I hate Valentine's Day.  I think it's cruel, vindictive, and makes everyone, even people in relationships, unhappy.  So I violate it by buying myself non-pink presents, boycotting the trappings of it, and stocking up on discounted candy two days after the fact.)

Anyway, it is AWESOME!  It came late Saturday afternoon and I got it set up within an hour.  It's just too much fun - I have Netflix and Amazon Prime and Pandora and a half-dozen other channels set up.  The first thing I watched was Scooby Doo's "The Ghost of the Bad Humor Man" which happens to be my favorite episode of that show ever. 

The bad outcome of spending a night on the couch watching Scooby Doo, Vicar of Dibley, Lewis, and Midsomer Murders is that I was lying horizontally on the couch and it resulted in straining my neck and back and shoulders so badly that I had trouble getting dressed this morning.  I took a couple pills with breakfast and it's eased a little, but they're still really sore.  I have officially permanently changed my couch position and am now sitting up on the couch with my feet propped up on a chair.  I've been stretching and trying to massage the back of my neck, which also seems to be helping, but it's really tough and, depending on how I stretch, pretty damn sore.

The good news is that when I was searching through all of the Roku channels last night I found literally DOZENS of (free!) fitness channels that seem to have aerobics as well as yoga.  So much more convenient than my laptop!  Hopefully I'll be able to get into shape by working out at home where I can stop the minute I start coughing or feeling sick, unlike the gym.  Not sure about tonight though, I'm in a lot of pain.

Other than the Roku it's been a very quiet weekend.  Got a paper due in a week, and a presentation in two weeks, so I've been struggling with those and my thesis.  I did my laundry today, and wasted $1.25 because the dryer I used didn't work and had to use another one.  Filed a maintenance report about it, and about the fact my water heater is broken - this morning I ran the water for 20 minutes and it was ice-cold and I had to shower in the freezing water.  It was so miserable I didn't even condition my hair.

Anyway, back to work.  Whoopee!

No comments: