Saturday, March 7, 2015

The (As Much As Possible) Perfect Saturday Night

And by perfect, I have to tag with the following asterisks:
    Perfect for being alone
    Perfect for being single with nary a date since early December
    Perfect for being broke

Now that we've gotten that out of the way.

I woke up at 9:30 this morning, yelled downstairs to my Amazon Echo to play NPR, listened to the tail end of Car Talk and laughed all the way through Wait Wait Don't Tell Me.  Then I stayed in bed until noon, daydreaming about a beautiful  pied-à-terre in Ft Lauderdale that I would paint bright white and floor with oak.

Got up, went grocery shopping, stayed in my budget, even though I got a pizza - still it was only $3.  Not bad, considering.  Came home, cooked the pizza, and spent the afternoon writing.

Spent the evening watching movies until 9 pm when I turned it all off, lit candles and played NPR so I could hear their big band music hour.  Now I'm watching Laura with a bottle of cheap white wine, and when it's over I'll watch more of Amazon's new Prime Originals series, Bosch.  I'm enjoying Bosch a lot more than I expected - Titus Welliver is absolutely perfect as the lead (Harry Bosch), and the writing is fabulous.  I like the other characters, but only Jaime Hector, playing Bosch's partner Jerry Edgar is really making an impression on me.  Maybe once I finish the series the rest will mean more to me.

Next door keeps opening and closing their French windows and it's driving me nuts - plus they're banging on the wall and I really wish I could call the cops and have them charged for "being annoying".  I hear Snooki was arrested for that once, but I think they only have that in New Jersey.  Oh, and now they're vacuuming.  Great.

Anyway, back to the movie for me.  Why pay for all this entertainment if I don't use it, hey?

No comments: