Sunday, January 23, 2011

Sunday Funday

Got up fairly late today - 9:30 am - and went out to brunch with some friends at 10:30 at this restaurant called The Pike. Julia and Val tell me it's a tradition of theirs to go every Sunday morning and get breakfast burritos "Eli style" (that means with ranch and chipotle sauce on the side, which they mix together into a pinky dip) and $2 mimosas.

I tried the burrito "Eli style" and it was really good - slightly messy, especially with the dip involved - and the potatoes inside the burrito were boss! The mimosa was good too, but I limited myself to one. DUI's are waaaay too expensive to risk.

It turns out my e-mail still hasn't been updated on the listserv, so I'm going to have to physically go in to the office and have them change it there - I've sent AT LEAST four emails about it and it just hasn't been changed, so in person is pretty much my last resort.

But anyway, I'm excited about the things we - Julia, Val and I are members of the graduate anthropology association - have planned for this semester! Especially the Margaret Mead Film Festival, I can't wait to see what films we get.

After brunch I went to Target looking for spiral notebooks but they're sold out (grr) so I'll have to make do with looseleaf until they get some back in stock. I refuse to pay $5 for a fancy Mead notebook when I could pay $0.97 for a plain Target one!

So I made a quick pit-stop at Trader Joe's and got tater tots (I love their tater tots...so yummy!) and frozen blueberries before heading home. I was going to go to Sam's Club but I was so tired I decided to skip it this week, and just walked to Ralph's to pick up some groceries instead.

I spent the rest of today lolling around and watching football. I'm starting to feel pangs of hunger so I think it's time to make the barbecue chicken for supper. And then I'll settle down with a novel...not much novel-time left!!!

No comments: