Thursday, April 14, 2011

What's my age again?

Nobody likes you when you're twenty-three.

I've been working on this proposal all day and I have an 18 page first draft. I think I'm going to turn it in as it is now, and see what Dr. Quintiliani has to say about it. I'm just tired, and I think adding more now might make it worse.

I also found, to my horror, that some of the collections in the NAGPRA rooms aren't matching my inventories, so I get to go in there on Saturday and sort it out. I hate working on Saturdays but I really have no choice, as I'm doing the Margaret Mead Film Festival all day Friday. Also, I have a bunch of writing to do on Sunday, so Saturday is going to be NAGPRA day. I am taking off Saturday night though, I won't work Saturday nights!!! I can and have worked on Friday nights, but Saturday nights are sacred.

I'm not looking forward to tomorrow. I'm going to run over to Big Lots early in the morning to look for a yoga mat (I simply can't make it to the gym in a timely and efficient manner by walking and I can't park there without a parking pass) so I can work out at home and get rid of this ridiculous belly pooch.
Then I'm going to be doing film festival stuff from around 11 am until about 8 pm, at which time I get to go home and make myself a nice dinner. And then I'll probably sit and drool in front of the tv because thinking will be way too much like hard work at that point.

Still, it'll be nice to see the films, and it's good to try and bring anthropology and empathy to the masses.

I'm too tired to write. But, in good news for the day, my annonna is ripe, so guess what I'm going to eat when I get home from class tonight???

No comments: