Thursday, June 12, 2014

Thunderstorms again!

Thunderstorms every day for over a week?!  This is driving me nuts!  I can't go to the beach, I can't swim (it literally thunders most of the day and I don't dare get in the water when it's thundering), and I barely get to go outside.  I leave the back door cracked (with the screen door closed to keep out the bugs of course) to get some air circulating so that's something I guess.

I couldn't sleep until 7 am this morning.  I suppose I should've gotten up for the day then and I'd be passed out by now, but I couldn't do it, I was so tired and miserable I had to stay in bed and try to sleep.

Cats have been driving me nuts - they won't go outside in the afternoon because I'm inside eating or writing and then they get all naggy once I close the back door.  Narcissus was missing for FIVE HOURS tonight and it turned out he'd been inside the whole time!  I've closed my parents' door, my sister's door and the guest room door now.  He can only get into my room, my bathroom, and the main part of the house.  I'm so sick of these heart attacks!

My parents will be back in a week, which is great, but I leave the country in ten days and I'm flipping out about it.  I need to make a packing list - and pack - and I've been carrying around a notebook and pen all day today to write it up but I somehow haven't managed it.

Between my thesis and the ghastly nightmares I've been having I've been stress-eating too, and all the thunderstorms have quite effectively prevented me from exercising.  Maybe doing a rush clean of the house - my parents will be FURIOUS if they come back and it's still an ungodly mess because of my sister's move - will balance my equilibrium and I'll get my head on straight.  I wish she would get this stuff out of here!  I had the house looking so nice!  The mess is depressing me.

I really want chocolate.  But the stores here all stink and close at 9 pm (how I miss College Station - never thought I'd say that!) so maybe I'll just have a cookie and curl up with a book.

No comments: