Friday, November 14, 2014

My Friday Night

I spent a rather disappointing day today, and decided to start anew by taking a nap.  I woke up at 7 pm and felt a bit better, although getting out of my very warm, cozy bed into a 63F apartment (I'm cheap/broke) was very difficult.

I spent half an hour deciding on what to watch - settled on one of the Vicar of Dibley Christmas specials - and then got to work on dinner.  Made Portuguese spicy shrimp (my grandmother's recipe) and white jasmine rice and a green salad.  Nobly resisted going to the store to buy feta cheese (a staple of my "luxury" purchases), and after my dinner was made and consumed I was putting the leftovers (very happy with the fact I have rice and shrimp in one tupperware and another tupperware with plain rice I get to make egg fried rice with - screw my diet, it's bloody cold outside) I found that I still HAD some in the fridge!  I'm very cross about this.  Tonight was all about the perfect dinner and I had the feta I wanted and didn't know it was in there!  Oh well.  I'll have it for lunch tomorrow with my leftovers.

So, anyway, my Friday night is me chilling on the couch (literally chilling...brrr) watching As Time Goes By on Amazon Prime, drinking aspartame-laced Cuba Libres, and writing a novel.  And I'm strangely okay with that.

(Not that I wouldn't like a tall, dark, handsome boyfriend snuggling up on the couch with me, him reading and drinking with me writing and drinking.  But I haven't got one, nor am I likely to find one, so making the best of things it is.)

No comments: