Thursday, March 22, 2012

Squirrel Apocalypse

So, on my way to class today, just minutes after my last post, I got attacked by a squirrel.  Yes, you read that correctly.  ATTACKED by a squirrel - a SQUIRREL!  You know, if you type a word often enough, it looks funny...

Anyway, I was walking down a sidewalk (minding my own business) when a squirrel darts out of the bushes, jumps on my food, scratches my big toe, rebounds off my leg and disappeared back into the bushes!!!

When I got to class I put my stuff down and washed my toe with antibacterial soap in the girls' bathroom.  Hopefully the squirrel did not have rabies or the Black Death or anything like that.  I don't think it did, and it didn't break the skin either, so I'm not particularly worried.

Class was pretty good today - Dr. Lee was very pleased with my dogged persistence towards testing and retesting each NDVI to see which works best.  It was a little hard not to laugh when he praised my "determined focus" because I've felt so horribly unfocused for the past month.  But praise is a real relief, and it was so nice to feel like I earned some for real!

So I'm home (excitedly awaiting the Project Runway: Allstars finale!) and my spring break has officially begun.  Woo!

No comments: