Friday, February 11, 2011

Friday morning

Technically, it's Friday afternoon. But my brain is still in the confused whirl of "What just hit me?"-itis, so I'm calling it morning.

Late last night (read: 11 pm) I was enjoying some Rugrats on Netflix (gotta get my money's worth out of it) I got an email from my boss. In my innocence, I opened it and found out he wanted a completed packet to hand over to the liaison by the "end of the day" today. Needless to say my night was significantly less pleasant after that, but I went to bed eventually.

This morning I was stubbornly determined to stay in bed till noon. I was NOT going to get up earlier - this was my personal anti-regime protest. Of course, today is the day my neighbors decided to dance around on the balcony that's right outside my door, sing Happy Birthday and an unholy volume and basically be so sodding noisy I had no choice but to get up, cursing them for choosing today of all days to be so damn noisy.

Of course the minute I got up and had breakfast they all shut up and/or disappeared. Murphy's Law, right?

So I slogged away at the packet and I just mailed off something I hope that is at least passable. Unfortunately my plague with maps has continued, but it's really not my fault this time, so I can salve my conscience with that much.

I'm waiting for a return email, but until then I do believe it is lunchtime. For dinner tonight I'm going to pamper myself with a lobster tail (they were on sale, it's that unholy holiday this Monday, so I'm going to treat myself right even if no one else is interested) and on Saturday night I'm going out for a girls' night with Judy and some other people. I think Sunday night is going to be the Cornish game hen...I'm pretty excited about it.

And then that evil scourge...Valentine's Day...I'm going to buy MYSELF a present (ha! I may be single but I still get presents! Take that, Hallmark!) in the form of a KINDLE! Hip hip, hooray!

No comments: