Thursday, February 17, 2011

Sundown

What a Thursday! And it's not even close to over yet.

I stayed in bed a little late this morning, but I slept restlessly most of the night and only got into a deep REM cycle around 7:30 am, so when my alarm went off I was just much too warm and comfy to get up for another hour.

I spent most of the morning tidying and organizing, trying to make lists and clean and get myself sorted. I finally got to Target and they were OUT of kindle covers - apparently they sold out Monday for last-minute Valentines' Day presents. I swear, V-Day always manages to get me where it hurts. Every time!
They were also out of those wonderful $1 portfolios, so I bought the blank cd cases (the paper kind) I needed and fumed all the way to the post office where I dropped off my wrong-generation kindle cover and bought a new book of stamps, because my brand-new book mysteriously disappeared since I last used it a week ago, and I needed to mail off my bills.

I went home, dropped off my Target bag, picked up my Garmin, and went to SteinMart where I found a Kindle cover (rather plain, but it was $15 instead of $60, I'm not complaining) and snooped around for a bit but nobly restrained myself from buying any jewelry.
I did run over to the Farmers' Harvest store in the same plaza, but they had no annonas, which was very disappointing.

I came home, microwaved some lunch (yes, I know I'm getting appallingly lazy) and started to work on my assignments again. My GEOG400 assignment is done, and so is a lot of my NAGPRA stuff, and part of my Essay 4. Tonight and tomorrow I need to finish my NAGPRA stuff and drop it off at the office to be mailed off to Fullerton, finish Essay 4, and finish my Lab 1 write-up for ANTH561. Once that's done I can go to Florida with an easy conscience. Who knows, I may even find time Sunday evening to do some of my rewrite assignments? Or, I might just pass out.

Now I'm taking a break before I continue with the reading for ANTH510 which I leave for in half an hour. It's very convenient to have BBC World News finish two minutes before I have to leave. I hope it stays in this timeslot for the rest of the semester at least.

My kindle is AWESOME by the way. I'm very disappointed though, because last night I read Anne of Avonlea (which I've memorized) and it was missing some lines of dialogue! Hopefully that's only because it's a free e-book. There had better not be any lines missing from books I actually buy. But I've downloaded 60 free books already (hehe) so it'll take me awhile to work my way through those.

Okay, time to get back to the books!

No comments: