Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Mundaze on Ice

This week has been anything but normal and it's just gone noon on Tuesday.

Sunday was a frantic bustle of grocery shopping, finding the laundry room full (I miss having a washer and dryer in-unit!), and writing a lab and an essay. No, I did NOT watch the Superbowl. I knew what was going to happen, knew it the second Pouncey went down.

Yesterday was Mundaze on Ice, and not in a good way. Oh sure, I got up in plenty of time, edited and printed my essay, made it to class on time, went home for lunch and then arrived for my afternoon on campus. I had geography from 2-4:20 pm, and then I got dinner at Panda Express (I really have to learn to ask for single servings and not expect the server lady to intuitively know) before heading to the first AGSA meeting of the year.

We spent the meeting going over a lot of business - I'm going to take this fiscal training session so next year I will be either President or Treasurer. That should make my CV happy, and this way I can work in more archaeology. AGSA can stand for Archaeology Graduate Student Association right? (Just kidding!)
We also voted for the films for the Margaret Mead Film Festival that we hold every year, and the top two were the top two I voted for. We also voted in a third film in case we can get it discounted and actually afford a third film - they cost $300 each.

After the meeting I went straight to computer class. The lecture in the beginning was so technical and I was so exhausted that I nearly passed out in the middle of class! Thankfully we started working on How To Use Excel after that and having something to do kept me awake. But I was SO glad when 9:45 came! It really was an awfully long day.

I came home, put my feet up, and watched Seinfeld while eating a bag of chips and talking on Skype. It was a nice, quiet evening even if I stayed up way too late reading. (I really needed a dose of In The High Valley. Call it my mental health prescription?)

Today I got up late and I am now doing laundry and trying to knock some errands out of the way at the same time. I went down to check the mail earlier and there wasn't anything in my mailbox, but there was a package for me sitting on top of the mailboxes! I was shocked, because I wasn't expecting anything, but when I opened it in my apartment I realized it was one of my textbooks. I need to go over my order list and see if there's anything else I'm missing.
You can tell how busy this semester is - I've been too busy working to notice one of my books hadn't arrived yet!!

That's all for now, I have to get back to work. I have a HUGE lab due tomorrow, ugh!

No comments: