Friday, November 5, 2010

Burning the midnight oil

I am SO tired. I got up at 6 today because I woke up and looked at my clock and saw that it was 6:03 and thought, "Oh no! My alarm didn't go off!" So I went to the bathroom and washed my face. As I was walking towards the kitchen to make my morning waffle I suddenly stopped and realized - I get up at 6:40 am, not 6:00 am. I went back to bed for half an hour but couldn't really sleep. When I got up properly at 6:40 I was grumpy and started for class tired out and it required putting The Goo Goo Dolls on my MP3 player to soothe me enough to go into class in a halfway reasonable mood.

Class was ok, kinda boring, and we have ANOTHER lab set as homework. I went home and took a nap before getting up at 2 and starting to work. While working on my job I called the California DMV (since my license still hasn't arrived) and put my phone on speakerphone while I typed - I was on hold for half an hour and this was after they dropped my first call after holding goodness knows how long. Turns out that my birth certificate "isn't valid" (since it's not American) and it might take as much as 12 months before I get my California license, and I was given a number to call where I get a busy signal for 4 seconds before it hangs up on me. I'm going to wake up at 8 am tomorrow and call and see what happens.

I spent all evening working - from 2pm til 12 am, with a half-hour break for dinner. That's 9 1/2 hours of straight work. I'm really glad I did it though - I've gotten 41 summary sheets done and I've done my allotted 20 hours for the week without having to work on Friday!
And yes, I have backed them all up already. I'm starting to wonder if I should back them up on two drives...but that's just paranoid, right?

My original intention for doing this was to take the weekend off, but that's totally not happening. I won't have to do any NAGPRA work (which is great, because my brain is aching practically worse than the back of my neck right now) but I have a lab that's due next week, a midterm next Tuesday, 8 chapters of reading to do, 4 articles to read, a midterm that's due on the 15th, I have to start a final project for one class and I have 6 essays to write for another class by the end of the semester. And I'm supposed to be reading 7 other books for Dr. Lipo, and I haven't even STARTED work on the project I'm doing for the SAAs yet.

I don't care how much work I have though, I'm watching my Britcoms tomorrow night, with a beer and some droewors. Also, I'm going to try out my new harvard beet recipe on Sunday.

Okay, my neck and back are killing me. I think it's time to lie down. Goodnight!

No comments: