Tuesday, November 23, 2010

I Haz A Warm

When I woke up this morning for a second I wondered if exhaling would produce a cloud of water vapor, it was THAT cold. I wrapped myself in my throw and rushed over to my laptop to check the weather channel website, praying it would warm up during the day. It turned out it was FORTY-SIX DEGREES FARENHEIT! That's 8 Celcius so you don't have to convert it. So inside my apartment I'm willing to bed it was about 48-49, if I was lucky.
I was so cold that I practically started crying over the stupidest things this morning, so after a long, miserable geology class I came home, called Dad and begged for permission to buy a space heater. It's one thing if I thought my gas heater was going to be fixed anytime soon, but I have the strangest feeling it won't.

Dad gave me permission to get the heater and I rushed to Target and got a $30 one that has an energy star rating, so I'm praying it won't absolutely blow my electricity bill through the roof. I won't use it while I'm sleeping or during the day though, just times like now when it's 55 degrees or fewer outside and I'm freeeeeezing and can't stand it. I'm usually cold in houses kept at 68 degrees, so being frozen solid in a 55 degree house should come as no surprise.

I took a long nap and then called Mom and Dad again to talk. Mom was talking about having curry for dinner which made me want curry, which resulted in curried shrimp for dinner.
Photobucket
Curried prawns, basmati rice, chardonnay and BBC World News? It was so perfect.

I've worked a little on my job, but I have a TON of work to get done this weekend, so I'm not really looking forward to it. It's pretty miserable, but if I get it all done then the rest of my semester should be a LOT easier.

Tomorrow is basically going to be work, but I get to go grocery shopping at least, for last-minute Thanksgiving stuff. I'm halfway decided that I won't work on Thanksgiving, but I might work a little during the evening...just to make the rest of the weekend easier.

At least I'm warm now, and it totally makes everything easier.

No comments: