Monday, November 1, 2010

Mommy of the Year Award

goes to MY mom! I got home from class and saw a package outside my door. I knew Mom was sending me a knife I bought off Amazon, but the package was way too big for one little paring knife.

The first thing I saw when I opened the box was CANDY! I didn't have to trick or treat and I still got loot!! It's the good stuff too, gobstoppers, twixes, m&ms and twizzlers...yum!

Mom also sent along not only my knife, but my new Elle, several of my Sports Illustrated magazines, three new murder mysteries (yes!!), a purse I'd stupidly left behind, a can of water chestnuts AND (drumroll please) a bottle of Patak's Biryani Paste! You can get it here but only for $6 a jar (considering Mom pays like $2.50 I wasn't going to spend that) so I'm very very excited and happy about that. I love biryani. I remember the first time I had it in South Africa - at 13 - after years and years of not eating it in America. It was just the regular old canned kind, nothing to get excited about if you're a normal South African who has constant access to it, but to me it tasted like manna from heaven, it was SO good!

So I have the best mom in the whole world. Yay!

No comments: