Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Rainbeau

Last night I got an email from my geology professor saying he was sick and would send another email later telling us whether or not we had class. I woke up at 6:40 am this morning and checked my email and sure enough class was canceled, so I went back to bed.

I've been coughing again for the past few days and when I woke up the first time I was coughing pretty badly. When I woke up the second time (at 11!!!) I felt much better and I haven't coughed too badly since. I wonder if there has ever been a study done that shows an easement in illness depending on when you went to bed and got up?

More importantly, when I woke up at 6:40 I realized it had rained through the night and spent a few minutes at my window, watching the cars rush by on wet streets. When I woke up at 11 am it was pouring with rain and even had an occasional roll of thunder, and I spent a much longer time at my window enjoying it. Now as I sit at my desk my kitchen window and 12 foot window are both open so I can smell the rain (and my apartment can air out).

I have a lot of work to do today and I have to go to Best Buy to get one of those wrist rests because I've been getting serious sharp pains in my wrists and right elbow. I called Mom and Dad and mentioned it and they insisted I get one right away because it can lead to my wrists being too crippled to type!! Of course, that was Thursday night so I didn't do it then, but I really have to do it today.

Okay I think the weather is clearing up some, time to go find a best buy!

No comments: