Sunday, October 3, 2010

Weekend blues

This week and weekend have not been easy. I spent two days in the office, scanning and rescanning that bloody book my professor gave me to scan, and thanks to "errors" I had to scan some sections FOUR TIMES. But I got it all done, and done correctly at last, handed it in on Thursday afternoon, and headed home to start studying.

Thursday night I didn't get much done, I was depressed and exhausted, so I skimmed my books and then settled in to watch Project Runway before going to bed early.

Friday was errand day - I did my laundry, cleaned the apartment, went to Target for some essentials (pencils and bathroom cleaner), and combed the internet for deals on camping equipment.
I'm going on a mandatory field trip to Nevada the weekend of the 15th, and we need to bring our own tents and sleeping bags, so I'm going to buy a nice sleeping bag, and rent a tent. It's obvious I'll have to camp in my profession and I might as well think of the long run and buy good-quality stuff now so that it'll last longer. I'm also looking at cutlery sets, they have nice ones online for $6 or so.

I also spent Friday fighting with my computer, trying to get some files to behave so I could finish up some prep work for my job. My computer kept alternately freezing and crashing, so I gave up, but I have to try again today after I'm done with this. I WILL prevail! Stupid computers :(

Saturday I slept in, then went to the African Hut to replenish my completely depleted stores of South African goodies. I got droewors this time instead of biltong, and I haven't tried it yet, maybe later tonight as a midnight snack. I also got two boxes of Choc-kits, but apparently one was $0.99 and one was $2.99...??? I took them both off the discounted display, but I guess one had the wrong sticker or something. Oh well, still a good deal. They FINALLY had tomato sauce flavored chips, so I got five bags (they're the little individual serving bags) and will savor them slowly. Still no peppermint crisps. I need to start calling once a week to see if they're in - I asked the guy at the counter if he knew when they were coming back, and he said he wasn't sure, they only have them infrequently.

They also still have Easter eggs, heavily discounted, so I got two of the big boxes, for $3 each, both of which have one large egg and then two or four little candy bars...yum! Much cheaper than buying two or three regular candy bars, which are a dollar or more each. I was VERY good and resisted the urge to buy Turkish delight, even though it was discounted. I do love Turkish delight...and food in general. I also invested in a bag of barley sugar candies because I remembered reading about them in The Enchanted Tree books I read when I was little.

My total came to $37!! Oh well, it'll last me a couple of months, so it's okay.

I watched football all the rest of the day, taking breaks to read a little. The Gators lost, really badly, and it put me in a seriously bad mood. I went out on a date after the game and it was fun. The restaurant we went to was nice, and the food (Mexican) was yummy, but I was so tired after that miserable game I wasn't as talkative as I could have been. Guess I just have to wait and see if he calls.

Today I slept in again (depressed), then got up and went grocery shopping. Now I'm home, eating lunch, and making my to-do list. Lots of studying left, blah. I have a geology test on Thursday, which I am NOT excited about.

Hope everyone had a good weekend!

No comments: