Thursday, October 14, 2010

Thursday again!

How did it get to be Thursday already? Where on earth did all the time in the world go?

I have been very good today - I got up at 6:45, got to class nice and early, went to CVS after class to get a knee brace, ate lunch, went to REI to pick up my tent, went to Marshall's and got a drawstring backpack for $5 (...and a copy of Sex and the City The Movie for $5...) and now I'm at home and just have some NAGPRA stuff to work on. Woo!
Well...until it's 7 pm and I go to Trader Joe's to pick up tomorrow's lunch and then come home and pack to Project Runway before going to bed early so that getting up early tomorrow won't suck so much.

Class today was SO much fun. We spent the entire three hours doing a lab - very simple, look at rocks and figure out what their name is in the Durham classification system and the Folk classification system, and some of them had an additional question too.
But we all talked and laughed the whole time, and helped each other out, and the names themselves are soo weird - ever seen a biopeloomictite? I have!

I'm actually starting to get excited about the camping trip. We're having dinner in Las Vegas tomorrow night (I'm praying we go somewhere cheap), checking out a bunch of geological hotspots on the way to Nevada and back (I wonder if we're going to check out Lake Mead??) and then we have the main trip with like a hundred people AND we get a BBQ on Saturday night! Very cool.

Okay enough dilly-dallying, I gotta get to work.

No comments: