Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Singing in the rain

Last night, I was curled up in bed, thinking of fluffy pillows and cuddly kittens in an attempt to lull myself to sleep when I heard something. At first I was sure I was dreaming, but I jumped up and ran to the windows and pulled aside the blinds, and sure enough IT WAS RAINING!!

I opened my door and watched the rain make splashes in the pool and listened to the now-rare sound of raindrops on the roof. It was too cold - about 58 degrees - to stay out there long, so I went back to bed and cuddled up again, but I was so excited for the rain I simply had to jump up and open my kitchen window so that I could hear the raindrops better. My roof must be very thick because I couldn't hear the rain on it, which is a definite change from Florida.

I woke up this morning and guess what? It was still raining! I danced a little dance and then went to shower...sadly when I got out the rain had stopped, but I got to see the rain for a little while and it made me happy.

I only have one class today, but I also have to do a lot of work - had a meeting with my boss yesterday and I'm clear on how to proceed with my work now, it's just a lot of work! And I have a test tomorrow which I'm very nervous about. I think I'm going to go through my notes, make a study sheet of definitions, make some drawings, and then reread everything.

And then I'm going to take an hour off at 9 pm to watch the season premiere of Mythbusters. Isn't science wonderful??

No comments: